Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7/15-7/18 Austin/Fort Hood

We left New Orleans and took off for Austin this morning.. saw a bunch of bog-esque wetlands and such.
Oh, the aggressive Texan star
Welcome to the worst place on earth. There couldn't be a greater misnomer than Friendly Driving being the Texas way. The drivers are angry and the police intimidating.

We were going to camp here
When we got to Austin, it was nightmarishly hot. So we sat outside and smoked cigarettes, obviously.




Samantha said that I never look happy in pictures. So I tried my best
Inside a bar called the Library in downtown Austin
Sunset was gorgeous
Margaritas were delicious
Our gracious host, wondering how a camera operates
Shannon and AJ, who let us stay with them an extra two nights after Samantha got scurvy
A picture of me and Samantha, pre-scurvy-affliction


I didn't understand how to procure these 'gifts,' I could only assume you must draw a doorknob on the cinderblocks with chalk and a door would appear.

We were going to camp here
C?
Acrobats
We left Fort Hood after Samantha spent two days recovering from scurvy. I took no photos while we were there but I'll say that for two civilians to be on a military base, one of whom is long-haired and bearded, is intimidating and uncomfortable. In response, Samantha went arabic on the drive out of the base..
And on and on we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment